Activities | Family Brunch
Peace Corps Ghana I just prior to departure – 1961
image courtesy of Bob Klein, RPCV Ghana I
PEACE CORPS NOMINEE/INVITEE SEND-OFF AND
RPCV FAMILY BRUNCH
WHEN: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 10am – 1pm
WHERE: University Club, 803 State St., Madison WI 53703
COST: $15/ticket (cash or check at the door); free for Peace Corps invitees
REGISTER: Please register in advance here
Give this year’s new Peace Corps invitees a hearty sendoff. The Sunday Brunch will be a time of sharing and solidarity with our newest ambassadors of peace and friendship. Thirty-three invitees from the UW Campus and an additional 16 from Wisconsin will be the guests of honor. New invitees are going to Africa (29), China (6), Eastern Europe (5), Latin America (8), and the Philippines (1).
The program will be coordinated by Eric Luckey, Peace Corps recruiter on campus and Kera Halvorson from the Chicago Peace Corps office. Here’s what to expect!
- 10:00-11:00 – Begin with coffee and conversation from past volunteers about their service
- 11:00-11:30 – Brunch supplied by the University Club staff
- 11:30-11:45 – Live Skype hook-up with a serving Peace Corps Volunteer
- 11:45- 1:00 – Region- and sector-specific breakout tables. Learn more from experienced RPCV’s
Questions? Offer to Help?
- Warren Kmiec (RPCV Moldova 2012-2014)
- Eric Luckey (RPCV Mongolia 2010-2012, UW Campus Recruiter)
This event is co-sponsored by our group, the UW Division of International Studies, and the Chicago Peace Corps office.
Like our group Facebook page for breaking details about this annual event.